I am using a $12 crock pot to pre-compost food scraps, then feed it to worms. In 24 hours a mix of food scraps and earthworm casts placed in the crock pot turned to black material, indicating it’s breaking down. It smells like wet soil, and I’m working on controlling the smell. It stabilizes at 153F but I plant to reduce that temperature by changing the hot plate thermostat threshold. For thermophilic compost, the optimal temperature range is 135° -160° Fahrenheit.
- hence the reason for vertical soil-based farms!... fb.me/1wkuh4vvZ 4 months ago
- #iGrowTO a vertical garden can be cheap and easy to expand: suspendedgarden.com . More such ideas at Urban Ag day on Sept 15 9 months ago
- Aqua organic system urbanfarmsorganic.wordpress.com/2017/06/05/aqu… 1 year ago
- Last September UFO was part of Carrot City, an exhibit at Ryerson University for Urban farming technology and... fb.me/295Iigb8h 1 year ago
- The Suspended Garden was at the fairview seedy saturday this past weekend! It took 10 minutes to set up this... fb.me/6dm4Se6PE 1 year ago