- hence the reason for vertical soil-based farms!... fb.me/1wkuh4vvZ 2 years ago
- #iGrowTO a vertical garden can be cheap and easy to expand: suspendedgarden.com . More such ideas at Urban Ag day on Sept 15 2 years ago
- Aqua organic system urbanfarmsorganic.wordpress.com/2017/06/05/aqu… 2 years ago
- Last September UFO was part of Carrot City, an exhibit at Ryerson University for Urban farming technology and... fb.me/295Iigb8h 2 years ago
- The Suspended Garden was at the fairview seedy saturday this past weekend! It took 10 minutes to set up this... fb.me/6dm4Se6PE 2 years ago
Category Archives: Uncategorized
FAO report on greener cities in Latin America, including urban and peri-urban agriculture http://www.fao.org/ag/agp/greenercities/.
Here’s a good listing of tech for vertical indoor gardens: http://www.hortidaily.com/article/5922/If-urban-farming-took-off,-what-would-Boston-look-like of course, they will soon have to add UFO’s suspended indoor garden!
How Plant Pods can be used to create an indoor vertical garden in the city, in this blogpost by the Canadian Association of Decorators.
Plant Pods by UFO are idea for growing edible plants, in small vertical spaces. Regardles of what you plant, don’t water beyond the water fill line, which is 1″ (2.5 cm) from the bottom of the see-through pod. If the Plant … Continue reading
The Earthworm Pods by UFO differ from other earthworm equipment. They’re a hanging string of small devices. These are designed to properly moisten and aerate the earthworm environment. No bedding or cardboard is used. These hang inside the smalles of kitchens, even … Continue reading
At UFO, my intern and I built and tested an electric earthworm separator. This is an electric appliance developed by UFO, but yet commercialized. Fig. 1. Testing the electric separation of earthworms The project was funded by a Carrot Cache … Continue reading
The Earthworm Pods, which differ from typical Earthworms devices, require 100 earthworms each. That’s the equivalent of 20 grams, and achieves the published optimal stocking density (150 earthworms per litre). 2 oz of earthworms equip 3 pods, and I think that … Continue reading